Jordan is a photographer’s delight, rich in spectacular landscapes and historic sites. The locations you will visit are a true photographer’s dream come true.
You will have the chance to visit the ancient lost city of Petra and the Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash, float on the Dead Sea, ride a camel with local Bedouins and enjoy the magnificent mystic landscapes of Wadi Rum and much more.!
Our tours are crafted to not only advance the photography skills and creativity by shooting diverse and breathtaking subjects and landscapes, but also to offer photographers the best possible cultural experience.
• Where: Amman, Jerash, Um Qais, Ajloun, Dead Sea, Dana Reserve, Petra, Wadi Rum, Main Hot Springs and Madaba.
• Sites: The Citadel, Roman Theatre in Amman, Greco-Roman Ruins of Jerash, King Abdullah II Mosque, floating on the Dead Sea, The Desert of Wadi Rum, The Dana Biosphere Reserve, The Lost City of Petra, Petra by Night, Hot Air Balloon Ride (weather permitting), Camel and Jeep tour rides, Local experience activities, Main Hot Spa, Madaba the City of Mosaic.
• Jordan is the perfect opportunity for finding hidden photographic gems and inspire your creativity. (you will have the chance to practice landscape photography, Night Photography, Nature and Sea photography, in addition to People and Street photography).
• Photograph Jordan’s diverse landscapes.
• Many chances for stunning sunrise and sunset photos.
• On some days we will offer the opportunity for a “before-breakfast” shoot.
• Photograph magical sunsets in Wadi Rum, Dead Sea, Um Qais and Feynan Ecolodge.
• landscape astrophotography in Wadi Rum and Feynan Ecolodge.
• Experience/Difficulty: Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-pro photographers.
• In addition to great photography opportunities we will have time for photo sharing and critiques.
• When: Spring and Autumn.
• Duration: 10 Days.
Day 1 – Arrival to Amman
• Collection from the airport and transfer directly to your hotel in Amman. Depending upon your flight arrival time, we can offer additional activities for the day. You will also have a welcome dinner at a local restaurant where you will enjoy the delicious traditional Jordanian dinner. Overnight in Amman.
Day 2 – Amman City Tour.
• Early breakfast. The group will head out to the old city of Amman exploring the Citadel where you will get to photograph the Temple of Hercules, a Byzantine church, and the Umayyad Palace and the Roman Theatre, two of the most popular archaeological sites in the city. On this extended city tour your guide will take you through some of the back streets, markets and shops of the old city to practice some street photography techniques around the city center. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. The day will also include a visit to the Royal Automobile Club where you will discover the love of cars and racing that has been in many generations of Jordanian kings, and has been passed on to the Jordanian people. A great collection of vehicles, from classic Rolls Royce and Bentleys to Ferraris and a Bugatti Veyron’s.
• Just before sunset, you will visit King Hussein Bin Talal Mosque. It is the largest mosque in the country and was built to reflect the Umayyad architecture prevalent in many historic sites around Jordan. Overnight in Amman.
Day 3 – Amman – Jerash – Ajloun – Um Qais – Amman
• Early breakfast. The group will head north to walk through history in Jerash, regarded as one of the most important and best preserved Roman cities in the Middle East. The group will spend their time exploring and photographing the location. Then on to Ajloun and visit the castle, dominating the Ajloun skyline and built to ward off the Crusader armies at the key trade and pilgrimage intersection between Jerusalem, Cairo, Damascus and Mecca.
• The group will continue the tour and drive to the northern tip of Jordan and savor the beauty of Umm Qais, the Greek and Roman city overlooking the Jordan valley and the Sea of Galilee. You will have lunch at one of the restaurants there. You will have also a sunset shoot amongst the ruins.
• Overnight in Amman.
Day 4 – Amman – Dead Sea.
• After breakfast the group will head to the Dead Sea.
• Enjoy the sunshine at the lowest point on earth, whilst trying out the invigorating mud bath to cleanse the skin. Watch the sunset over the hills of the West Bank with Jerusalem in the distance. You will also have the chance to capture some long exposure seascape photos and practice blurred water effects, combining slow shutter speeds and ND filters.
• Bringing your polarizing and neutral density filters is highly recommended.
• Overnight in Dead Sea
Day 5 – Dead Sea – Dana
• At sunrise, you will be ready for some final shots of the Dead Sea, just after breakfast you will drive to Dana to enjoy one of most dramatic and diverse landscapes in the whole region. You will spend the night at one of the top 10 rated ecolodges in the world by National Geographic. They offer a range of activities: cooking classes, half day hikes or mountain biking, sunset hike, star gazing and local community experience.
• Every day, a guided sunset walk (free) leads from the lodge on a short walk (around 20-30 min) up to a nearby hilltop, for freshly Bedouin tea and stunning views westwards as the sun sets over the vast Wadi Araba deserts. The sunset walk is well worth the visit for some sunset photography shoots.
• You will also have the chance to work on photographing the stars.
• Overnight in Feynan Ecolodge.
Day 6 – Dana – Petra visit – Petra
• At Feynan they offer also local experience activities that you can do before heading to Petra. You’ll be welcomed into a family tent to be served coffee around the fire, with a Feynan guide on hand to explain the significance of the traditional coffee ceremony, and the deep cultural significance of coffee itself to the Bedouin. There may also be the chance to participate in making crusty bread baked in the embers of the fire, another idea could be spending a day with a shepherd.
• Later on this day, you will drive to Petra and enter the site via the less travelled route leading to the Monastery (Al Deir) where there is a Bedouin café for refreshments. The soul-stirring, rose-red city of Petra is chief among Jordan’s archaeological riches, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Petra is the legacy of the Nabateans, an industrious Arab people who settled in south Jordan more than 2,000 years ago. We can offer additional activities for the day such as a Turkish bath in Petra or a night tour of Petra.
• * Please note that Petra by night tour start at 8.30pm and finish at 10.00pm every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Overnight in Petra.
Day 7 – Petra Second Day – Wadi Rum.
• Early morning you will head back into the Nabatean Red Rose city of Petra, one of the 7 world wonders and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Enter the city through 1KM long narrow gorge called the Siq, which is flanked either side by 80m high cliffs! Notice the dazzling colors and formations of the rocks. The site is massive, and contains hundreds of elaborated rock-cut tombs, a treasury, Roman-style theatres, temples, sacrificial altars and colonnaded streets. More time to visit other trails and sites inside Petra, such as the High Place of Sacrifice.
• After your visit to Petra you will drive to Wadi Rum & enjoy the wilderness adventure of a 4×4 3-hour sunset Jeep tour. In Wadi Rum you will marvel at the sunset and gaze at the stars in the night sky whilst enjoying the legendary hospitality of the Bedouin, before sleeping at the foot of the awesome mountains exploding out from the desert landscape. Overnight in a Bedouin Camp. You will also have many activities to do like: horse and camel riding, Arabic beard baking and milking goats and camels!
• Again you will have the chance to work on photographing the stars, taking amazing sunset, sunrise and landscape shoots.
Day 8 – Wadi Rum – Main Hot Springs.
• Early breakfast then head to the meeting point with Royal Aero Sport Club of Jordan for a hot air balloon ride over the enchanting desert of Wadi Rum (weather permitting), after that you will drive north to Main Hot Springs for some rest and to pamper yourself with a relaxing stay while enjoying the natural thermal hot waterfalls, mud wraps spa treatment, hydro jet baths and showers, under water messages and much more!
• You will also have the chance to take some long exposure waterfall photos and practice blurred water effects, combining slow shutter speeds and neutral density filter.
• Overnight in Main.
Day 9 – Main – Madaba – Amman.
• After breakfast you will drive north to visit Mount Nebo and wonder at the view where Moses looked across to the Promised Land and later died and was buried.
• The day will also include a visit to Madaba to explore the city and discover the amazing Byzantine mosaics excavated from throughout the town. See the ‘Madaba Map’, the oldest preserved mosaic map of the Holy Lands.
• You will have lunch at one of the local restaurants in Madaba and then drive back to Amman.
• You will enjoy a free evening in Amman before gathering for a farewell reception and dinner.
Day 10 – Departure from Amman
• After breakfast, transfer to Queen Ali International Airport for your return flight.
• End of Services.
Tour dates by arrangement
FB: Starting with dinner on first day, to breakfast on last day. Breakfast and dinner in hotels are buffet meals. Lunch in local restaurants, homestays.
Drinks with lunch and dinner in hotels are not included.
All transfers are run in private, air-conditioned vehicles, with excellent drivers.
Hotel accommodation is based on 5-star hotels offering cleanliness with character. Bedouin camps are with highly respected service providers.
Prices are based on double occupancy unless noted. Single rooms are subject to availability. Homestay and camping accommodation is all about communal living, although camping out with Wadi Rum may include twin tents.
We have English Speaking, Government-Licensed Tour guides who accompany local guides on all our tours. Photography Guide also we can provide other languages speaking guides upon request.
Terms & Conditions:
The cost varies depending upon the number of people and specific requirements of each group, including any additional sightseeing and services required. Please contact us with your particular needs to obtain a personal offer.
Depending upon your flight arrival and departure time, we can offer additional activities for the day.
To request your tour, please complete the details below. If you have any additional questions or information, please include it at the bottom of the form. We will check the details and respond within 48 hours with answers to any questions.